Westside Toastmaster Club Officers
All Toastmaster clubs including Westside Toastmasters have a staff of club officers providing structure, guidance and continuity to the group and it's members.
These are elected twice a year and serve for six months. Elections usually take place in June for the term July 1 to December 31 and, in December for the term January 1 to June 30.
Club offices (and their rank within the club) are as follows:
- President - chairs meetings and supervises all other officers
- Vice President Education - schedules meeting assignments and works with members to see that their educational needs are met
- Vice President Membership - runs club membership drive and also works to keep members satisfied and happy with their Toastmasters experience
- Vice President Public Relations - makes sure club meeting listings appear in the media, puts posters up, etc.
- Secretary - sends correspondence on behalf of the club, keeps club records and minutes of executive committee meetings.
- Treasurer - handles financial affairs, such as member dues and purchases of any supplies or services required for the club to execute it's mission
- Sergeant of Arms - sets meeting room up, starts meetings, greets guests, and counts ballots.
Club offices are open to ANY member. There is no reason why a new member cannot run for President without serving in any other club office.